Baseball wrist guards play a very important role as you play your favorite baseball game. Any of 5 best baseball wrist guards will protect you from sore twists and getting bruised forearms as a result of hard grounders, bad hops, and wild pitches.
Besides, these guards help you from accumulating excessive sweat around your wrists. Such sweat will ultimately find its way into your gloves and make them slippery
Baseball, being the popular sport that it is presents these kinds of challenging possibilities to the players. The best way to avoid the aforementioned risks is by using the best wrist guards available on the market.
Our Pick of the 5 Best Baseball Wrist Guards
Youth Wrist Guard by Rawlings
This baseball wrist guard by Rawlings can be used not only when playing baseball, but when you are playing other games where your wrists need utmost protection. There are two versions of this wrist guard; the adult and youth versions.
The sleeve offers a comfortable fit thanks to the neoprene material used to make it. This wrist guard will offer adequate protection against the impact of the baseball.
- It’s made of washable material.
- Molding is not necessary.
- It comes in 3 different colors black, red, and blue.
- It can be used for both adults and youth players.
- Neoprene material provides a comfortable fit.
- Some users have issues with the quality, and the youth version is very small for some players.
Baseball Pro Wrist Guard
This wrist guard comes in multiple options that you can choose from. There are multiple colors and sizes thus you’ll hardly miss one version that best suits your requirements. The wrist guard offers superior wrist protection. This is because the material used to make these wrist guards has molecules that contract and expand at the time impact.
Besides the wrist guard contains foam which plays a vital role in repelling the impact of the ball very well.
- The options available are multiple from Adult small to youth large or extra-large.
- They are available in different colors including, black, navy blue/black, black/red, royal blue/black red/black, and silver.
- Its machine washable once used
- 75% of users give it 5-star ratings.
- You can use the wrist guards when batting and while catching.
- It is efficient in soaking up moisture from your hand.
- Some users complained of shipment problems where they got the wrong product
6″ Performance Wristband by Under Armour
This is another great set of wrist guards that you can use during your softball or baseball practice games. The 6″ Performance Wristband is made using 96% polyester. This material ensures the wrist guard is comfortable, moisture-wicking, and machine washable.
Another great thing about this gear is that you can use it in any other game or sport that requires high-quality wrist guards. However, these guards are available in only one size of 1″ length and 3.5″ width. If you are looking for a brand that offers several color options, this might disappoint you since it only comes in one color – black.
- It’s good in absorbing moisture so that you can enjoy the game without having to worry about not worry about sweat.
- Reviewers say the quality is soft and the overall quality of the wrist guard is good.
- About 80% of users give it 5-star ratings.
- It is placed under Amazon’s choice, thus it seems to be a reliable product.
- They look cool thus they can be used as a fashion statement.
- Some users complain about itching after using this product.
- Customers say that the material isn’t very good at absorbing too much sweat.
Dri-Fit Home & Away Doublewide Wrist Bands
This is an amazing pair of wrist guards for your baseball, softball, and other sports. These wrist guards are not only breathable but also moisture-wicking. A big plus is their ability to absorb impact from the ball as you play. These wrist bands come in two separate sizes and numerous color options. This means you can also use them as a fashion statement and blend them with attire of your preferred color.
- Multiple colors are available including Obsidian/White, White/Black, Black/Base Grey, Varsity Royal/White, and Varsity Red/White.
- Comfortable and easy fit.
- It is reversible
- The guards are machine washable.
- About 80% of customers have given 5-star ratings.
- The NIKE logo is designed on this wrist band.
- It is placed under Amazon’s choice, thus it’s an authentic product.
- Some complain that the elastic loosens after one wash making it unusable after some days.
EvoCharge Protective Wrist Guard
Like the rest of the wrist guards on this review, the EvoCharge Protective Wrist Guard is a product that offers adequate protection to the wrists of baseball and softball players. Besides, you’ll find them to be a great companion even in other games and activities that require you to protect your wrists.
This wrist guard comes in two parts. The first part is the neoprene sleeve. This part is about 5 inches long and 3 inches wide. The other part is the shield which measures about 4 inches long and 3 inches wide.
- It comes in many 11 color options colors.
- The sleeve is made of 100% neoprene, which is known for being comfortable.
- It is made of washable material.
- Made of flexible and soft material.
- You can use these wrist guards in your small league games as well as in the gym during workouts.
- It comes in various sizes and thus can be used in almost all relevant activities.
- Some users had complained of receiving the wrong size.
Best Baseball Wrist Guards Buyers Guide
Wrist guards might seem inconsequential at first but going by the protective and comfort role they play, they are a critical component of every baseball and softball player. Although these products are relatively inexpensive you still need to select the best. Nobody wants to spend money on a lousy product no matter how affordable or cheap the product may be.
To pick the best baseball wrist guards consider the following factors:
Quality of Construction
You want wrist guards with solid construction. Some of these products are prone to tear. The edges have to be well made to prevent the edges from running. In this regard, you can also consider the wrist guard’s aesthetic appeal. Remember you might even use it as a fashion statement if you so desire.
Closely related to the construction is the material used to make the wrist guard. Always ensure the wrist guard you choose is made using good breathable quality material and moisture-wicking. Besides, the material should be easy to wash. Neoprene and polyester seem to be the most preferred material for these sports gear.
Of course, these wrist guards cost some money and they come at varying prices. The good thing is that generally, these are inexpensive products. However, before you make your purchase, go through this checklist and your specific requirements then determine whether what you intend to buy is worth the price. If not, look for an alternative.
Maybe this might be the most informative way of assessing the quality of a product. By reading the reviews of verified buyers you can get a general picture of what the product can and cannot offer. This info can either strengthen your resolve to buy or have you seek alternative products.
The baseball wrist band presents an excellent way of protecting your wrists from the impact of the ball as well as absorbing the sweat that comes out on your wrists and arms as you play. Also, you can use these wrists as a fashion accessory.
For the best baseball guards, go through this review once again and feel free to select the item that closely reflects your desires.